We want everyone, everywhere to thrive
Areas we’re focused on
Small and microbusiness
Small and microbusinesses are the backbone of the global economy. We are committed to providing tools and resources to help empower them with skills, solutions and access to networks and financial services to fund, run and grow their businesses.
- Financial education and digital skill building
- Digital commerce and capabilities
- Equitable access to capital
Equity and inclusion
We believe that communities and economies thrive when all individuals and businesses are included in the formal financial system and can benefit from financial and digital access. Our initiatives and partnerships focus on helping to enable equitable access to the financial and digital ecosystem for everyone, everywhere.
- Women's economic advancement
- Racial equity
- Financial inclusion and digital equity
- Financial education
We are committed to strengthening the communities in which we live and work by using our resources, network and the talent of our global employee base to make a positive social impact where it is most needed.
- Disaster and humanitarian relief
- Employee volunteerism and giving
Doing measurable good
We are committed to digitally-enable 50 million small and microbusinesses worldwide by 2023, as part of our efforts to advance digital equity.
Equity and inclusion
We met our goal to provide 500 million unbanked/underserved people access to digital payment accounts by 2020 and are continuing the work.
We had 85% of our employees participate in Visa programmes to give back to their communities in FY 2021.
In FY 2021, Visa Inc. contributed more than $21.5 million to charities around the globe, while Visa Foundation disbursed $25.9 million in grants.
Featured programmes and partnerships
Employees making a difference
How we empower employees
- Matching gifts up to $10,000 annually per employee
- Double matching on Giving Tuesday and for select disaster relief donations
- 16 hours of Volunteer Time Off
- Dollars for Doers: employees earn $10 per hour of volunteering to give back to charity
- Small business mentorship and Kiva loan programmes