Before you go
- Check your card to make sure it won't expire. Additionally, don’t forget to confirm your credit limit and account balance.
- Jot down your credit and debit card numbers and contact numbers for your issuer phone number, just in case.
- Make sure you remember (but don’t write down) your card PIN.
- Let your card issuer know about your trip before you leave so unfamiliar transactions aren’t flagged as suspicious.
- Purchase tickets using your Visa card for protection in case your tickets are lost or stolen or the airline delays or cancels your flight.